founded 1870

One of Surreys most established football clubs




Reigate Priory FC 2008/09

Get us on boss !

Dorking Wanderers first goal 8th August


SEASON 2009/10

    P W D L F A Pts
1 Wandgas Sports              
2 Bletchingley              
3 Epsom Eagles              
4 Battersea Ironsides              
5 Horsley              
6 Epsom Athletic              
7 Oxted & District              
8 Ripley Village              
9 Croydon Greenside              
10 Old Rutlishians              
11 Elm Grove              
12 Reigate Priory              
13 Woodmansterne Hyde              
14 Esher              
15 Tongham              
16 Spelthorne Sports              


2008-2009 Season - Final Table
Surrey Elite Intermediate Football League
Intermediate Division
    P W D L F A Pts
Eversley 28 21 4 3 82 27 67
Liphook United 28 22 1 5 63 19 67
Epsom Eagles 28 21 3 4 90 36 66
Battersea Ironsides 28 19 5 4 76 27 62
Horsley 28 18 3 7 66 39 57
Epsom Athletic 28 13 5 10 69 45 44
Wraysbury 28 12 4 12 67 23 40
Milford & Witley 28 12 3 13 54 53 39
Croydon Greenside 28 11 3 14 60 58 36
Old Rutlishians 28 9 5 14 50 55 32
Elm Grove 28 8 4 16 50 62 28
Reigate Priory 28 7 1 20 37 79 22
Woodmansterne Hyde 28 7 0 21 34 107 21
Esher Athletic 28 5 2 21 33 69 17
Tongham 28 3 1 24 29 161 10
16 Holland Sports (W)              


SEASON 2009/10


Match Reports 08/09     Match Reports 06/07   Fixtures,Results and Player Statistics    

Match Reports 07/08     League Table      League Results

Saturday 23rd January 2010

Surrey Intermediate County Cup Round 4

FARLEIGH ROVERS RESERVES 0 REIGATE PRIORY 1                                  

Saturday 2nd January 2010

Surrey Intermediate Elite League



First game of the new year for Priory and this was possibly their best start to any game this season.Priory looked in control but somehow not making the break-through.It took up to the 30 minute when Luke Reid was buddled over in the box and Priory were awarded a penalty .Luke Reid stepped up and cooly slotted the ball home .Priory carried on making chances but failed to take them. The second half Priory started well and played some great football.In the 20 minute broke broke down the right hand side and with great inter-change of passes from Charles Reid and Pete Stone released the ball for Dean Abbott to slide the ball pass the Oxted keeper to make it 2 - 0.With 15 minutes left Oxted were awarded a penalty ,which they scored to make it 2 - 1 .Priory kept on going forward but still held on for a well deserved win.  

Team:Hayes,Leask,Davies G,Diock,McLaughlin,Reid C,Stone,Paddley,Fisher,Abbott,Reid L,Eaton,Davy,Peters D 

Saturday 12th December 2009

Surrey Intermediate County Cup Round 4



Another cup match for Priory this week in the Surrey County Cup .The game did not start well for Priory as Epsom put them under pressure straight from the start .Priory`s defence held strong and with the midfield support kept Epsom at arm`s length.It took Priory 25 minutes or so to settle down and with 30 mintes gone Luke Reid was released into the box and pile drived the ball home to make it 1 - 0.Epsom kept coming forward and minutes before halftime should have scored only for Tom Fawdry to pull off a brilliant save to deny the equalizing goal. The second half was end to end and both teams had chances to take the lead .In the dieing minutes of the game Luke Reid received a pass 10 yards in his own half and ran forward ( just like Usain Bolt leaving the defenders in his slip-stream ) and rounded the keeper to make it 2 -0 to Priory .  

Team : Fawdry,Leask,Davies G,Diock,McLaughlin,Abbott,Paddley,Stone,Fisher Reid C,Reid L,Martin,Williams D,Peters M


Saturday 5th December 2009

Surrey Elite Challenge Cup QF


A very disappointing day for Priory in the quarter - final of the league cup . Priory did not start well and really caused their own downfall .After 15 minutes gone a mistake in defence led to Priory going 1 - 0 down .Priory never really matched Wandgas and it was not long before they went 2 - 0 down .Priory did have a few snatched chances ,but never really troubled the Wandgas keeper. The second half did not get any better for Priory as Wandgas pushed forward and scored to make it 3 - 0.Priory tried to push forward but were caught out and went 4 - 0 down.This was a game Priory should have really got a result out of .However they live to fight another day.  

Team :Hayes,Leask,Diock,Peters M,McLaughlin,Davy,Reid C,Eaton,Stone,Fisher,Reid L,Wright,Abbott,Howells 

Saturday 28th November 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



A first away game for Priory for a while and Priory did not start the game well .It took Priory 10 - 15 minutes to get into the game .When Priory did start playing football they created chances ,however failed to score with their chances .With Priory pushing forward Horsley broke away and had a shot from the edge of the box tipped over at full stretch by Priory`s keeper Ben Hayes .After 30 minutes gone Horsley broke the deadlock to make it 1 - 0 to them .Priory kept on playing and with Luke Reid keeping Horsley`s defence on their toes the half finished 1 - 0 to Horsley. The second half Priory started as they finished the first and pushing forward and in the 3rd minute `cheekey chappie ` Dale Fisher picked the ball up just in side his own half and ran forward and from 35 yards ( he says more like 45 yards LOL ) lobbed the Horsley keeper who was standing on his 6 yard line.Priory kept going forward and created loads more chances but somehow never managed to take all 3 points .This was a great all round team performance.  

Team: Hayes,Leask,Diock,McLaughlin,Eaton,Howells,Abbott,Stone,Reid C,Peters M,Reid L,Fisher,Wright,Davy

Saturday 21st November 2009

Surrey Intermediate County Cup



Priory had a break from their league fixtures in the Surrey Intermediate Cup this week and what should have been a good week for Priory did not turn out that way. Priory did score in the first 5 minutes when Luke Reid broke away and scored .After 15 minutes Hammer Utd leveled the score .Priory struggled to play any football ,however they were in contol of the game .Luke Reid scored his second of the game to make it 2 - 1.Hammer Utd did equalize just before halftime to go in level even against the run of play . In the second half Priory improved but failed to really take any of their chance .It was not until 25 minutes gone when the ball fell to Charles Reid inside the box whose shot hit the underside of the crossbar and went in to make it 3 - 2  to Priory.Having a week or so break did not help Priory.The result was the important thing saturday.Priory back to league action away to Horsley this week.  

Team: Hayes,Leask,Diock,Howells,McLaughlin,Abbott,Reid C,Peters M,Fisher,Stone,Reid L,Moss,Eaton


Saturday 7th November 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



This was always going to be a tough game with Priory missing 5 of their normal first team players. Priory found it tough straight from the start and fell 1 - 0 down within the first 2 minutes .Priory never really got to terms with Bletchinley in the first half and with basic mistakes happening it did not take long before they conceded more goals and after 20 minutes or so Bletchinley scored their second .Priory did head the ball onto the crossbar and down over the goal line ,only for the referee not to award the goal .Then with 30 minutes gone Priory conceded 3 quick goals and went in at halftime 5 - 0 down. Priory came out of the second half with a bit more pride and matched their opponents and with 15 minutse gone Luke Reid broke through and smashed the ball home .With this Priory settled down and tried to play some football and were unlucky not to score more .As the game came to a end Bletchingley were awarded a penalty ,which they scored to make it 6 - 1 .A very tough day for the Priory.  

Team:Hayes,Evans,Chapman,Leask,McLaughlin,Davy,Reid C,Stone,Moss,Abbott,Reid L,Peters M,Benson Wright 

Saturday 31st October 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League




Back to their league program this week and Priory started well and took the game to Croydon with some good football .Croydon did not take long to find their stride and the game became end to end and very entertaining to watch.It was Priory who scored first when Charles Reid delivered a freekick to the back post which was headed back into the box for Dale Fisher to head home from close range .The game finished at halftime 1 - 0 to Priory. The second half Croydon came out after their severe team talk at halftime and really pressured Priory and within minutes they were rewarded a very soft penalty by the referee ,to which they scored to make it 1 - 1.The game then really carried on much the same as the firsthalf with good football by both teams .In the 25 minutes another good delivery by Charles Reid was meet by Dean Abbott to head home to make it 2 - 1 to Priory.Priory should have 10 mintes later had a penalty when Luke Reid broke away from his defender , only to be brought down .However the penalty was not awarded.Priory were more than happy with the 3 points and the performance.  

Team: Hayes,Leask,Davies G,Diock,McLaughin,Reid C,Stone,Fisher,Abbott,Reid L,Benson,Evans,Moss,Peters M

Saturday 24th October 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League Challenge Cup



A break from their league fixtures this week for Priory as they had a away cup match with Esher .Priory started the brighter of the two teams,but somehow failed to score.It took up until the 30 minute before Priory broke the deadlock with a freekick delivered in and Dean Abbott  heading home.Esher kept Priory out and at halftime it was only 1 - 0 to Priory. In the secondhalf Priory stepped up the pace with only 10 minutes gone scored through Luke Reid to make it 2 - 0 . Priory then went onto score 4 more goals .Luke Reid scoring 3 more and the best goal of the game came form Dean Aboott who meet a cross on the run and volleyed home the ball into the bottom corner of the goal. Esher did get 1 goal back ,but almost scored again if it was not for keeper Hayes at full stretch to tip over the bar to deny Esher.  

Team :Hayes,Leask,Davies G,Diock,Davy,Abbott,Fisher,Hills,Eaton,McLaughlin,Reid L,Paddley,Stone,Martin   

Saturday 17th October 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



Priory hosted top of the table Battersea who are unbeaten this season.Priory started well and at times matched Battersea for effort as well as some good football.Priory kept Battersea at bay and reduced them to long range shots ,however in the 35 minute Battersea broke the deadlock to make it 1 - 0.Priory kept their heads up ,but failed to equalize before halftime. The second half Priory created some good chances but failed to score .The best chance fell to Dale Fisher with a sweet long range shot which the Battersea keeper held.Battersea went 2 - 0 up in the 20 minute .Priory kept their heads and got the ball down and played great football.With Ben Hills ,Ryan Eaton Dale Fisher and Luke Reid combining well in midfield it was not long before Priory scored .Dean Abbott latched onto a loose ball and smashed the ball home from 25 yards to beat the Battersea keeper ( wot a strike !!!!!!! ).The game finished 2 - 1 to Battersea .A much improved performance from Priory and hopefully this will kick start their season .A good allround team display .  

Team :Hayes,Leask,Davies G,Diock,McLaughin,Eaton,Paddley,Hills,Fisher,Abbott,Reid L,Davy,Barfoot.    

Saturday 10th October 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



A vast improvement from Priory this week and were unlucky not to get something out of the game .Priory created the better chances in the first half ,however after 30 minutes Priory got caught in midfield and Elm Grove broke away to make it 1 - 0.Priory  kept their heads and carried on creating chances, but went in at halftime 1- 0 down. The second half was almost a mirror image of the first half and it was Priory who had two clear chances within the first 10 minutes of the restart .Somehow Priory failed to take their chances and take the lead .As the same as the first half Elm Grove late on to make it 2 - 0 and take all the points .  

Team : Fawdry,Leask,Davies G,Diock,Mclaughlin,Eaton,Paddley,Barfoot,Fisher,Abbott,Reid L,Davy,Davies S

Saturday 3rd October 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League

REIGATE PRIORY (1) 1   HORSLEY (1)  3   


A very disappointing day for Priory as they played their first real home game of the season .Things looked good at the start of the game for Priory as they went 1 - 0 up with a brave header from Dale Fisher who just got to the ball before the Hoesley keeper.After this Priory tried to extend their lead but without any luck.It was Hosrley who broke away and made it 1 - 1 with 30 minutes gone . The second half did no get any better for Priory as Horsley scored with just 10 minutes of the half gone .Priory struggled to really to take the game to Horsley and as they tried to push forward they were caught by Horsley who broke through to make it 3 - 1 and take all the points  

Team : Fawdry,Davies S,Diock,Davies G,Eaton,Fisher,Hills,Che,Paddley,Abbott,Reid L,Davy,Woolstone,Ady

Saturday 26th September 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



Priory travelled away to one of the top teams in the league .Within 5 minutes Priory conceded a dodgy penalty which was slotted home to make it 1 - 0 to Tongham.Priory responded well and created chances ,but failed to convert them.Priory should have had a penalty when Luke Reid went to head the ball and got kick ,only for the ref to award a goal kick to Tongham .With 15 minutes gone Tongham went 2 - 0 up with a header at the back post. Straight from the restart Priory went 3 - 0 down from a corner .It took Priory 15 minutes to get back into their stride and start playing .Priory were awarded a penalty,which they failed to score .10 minutes later they got a another penalty which Luke Reid slotted home .Priory got stronger as the game went on and Luke Reid broke through Tongham`s defence to make it 3 - 2 .Priory just ran out of time to make the game level as the final whistle went .This looked like a game Priory should have got some points out of .A good team perfomance.  

Team: Fawdry,Leask,Davies G,Diock,Barfoot,Abbot,Hills,Paddley,Benson,Fisher,Reid L,Wolstone ,Telford. 

Saturday 19th September 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



A five star performance from Priory this week as they took on Esher. Priory got into their stride early on by creating good opportunity`s ,the best falling to Dale Fisher who only just managed not to score .It was Luke Reid who opened the score for Priory and then went on soon after to make it 2 - 0. Dean Abbott`s hard work was rewarded with a goal after 25 mins.However it was Luke Reid who found his scoring boots and went on and scored 3 more goals in the first half. Priory kept on going forward and came close with Ben Hills header just looping onto the roof of the net. With changes at halftime and just into the start of the second half  Priory took their foot off the gas ,but at the same time played good football .It was Dean Abbott who broke the deadlock in the second half with a goal and he should have more when his shot hit the inside of the goal and bounced out only for the ref to award a corner.Karl Paddley had long range shots that went wide as he pushed forward.As the game came to a close it looked like Priory going to keep a clean sheet .However Esher scrambled the ball home from a corner in the last 5 minutes .    

Team : Fawdry,Barfoot,Davies G,Diock,Davies S,Fisher,Che,Hills,Paddley,Abbott,Reid L,Leask,Ady,Seldon 


Saturday 12th September 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League



A better team performance from Priory this week ,however it still did not stop them from going 1 - 0 down within the first 5 minutes .Priory settled down and started knocking the ball round and with 25 minutes gone Dale Fisher cut in from the righthand side and struck the ball beutifully pass the Epsom  Keeper from the edge of the box.Priory conceded a corner which actually went for a throw and from this they let a Epsom player get a free head to make it 2 - 1. Priory started the second half the better of the two teams and creating good chances .It was Ben Hills who came the closest when he latched onto a through ball and only just missed the post.As the game went on Priory had most of the ball and were rewarded when in the 25 minute there was a scramble in the Epsom box and Karl Paddley smashed the ball home to make it 2 - 2.Priory were awarded a penalty which was saved by the Epsom keeper.5 minutes later Priory took a corner and with a shout from Glen Davies off the bench James Leask went forward and headed home to make it 3 - 2 to Priory.Priory had more chances with Dean Aabbott coming close ,however within the last 5 minutes Epsom broke away and scored to make it 3 - 3.   Team:Fawldry,Barfoot,Leask,Diock,Eaton,Fisher,Hills,Paddley,Che,Abbott,Reid L,Stone,Davies S,Cecil

Saturday 5th September 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League


A very disappointing day for Priory as they lost to new boys Wandgas .Priory never really looked like they turned up and failed to play any football and it was Wandgas who seized on Priory`s bad play to score two goals in the first half,it should have been more if it had not been for keeper Toz who made save after save and kept the score down. The second half only got worse as Wandgas scored soon after kick off to make it 3 - 0.Priory did manage a couple of shots at the wandgas keeper but failed to really test the keeper.Even with Priory`s keeper keep making saves Wandgas still went on and scored more and finally finished the game 8- 0 the better.It should and could have been double figures if not for Tom Fawldry in goal for Priory.( Definitely man of the match for Priory )  

Team:Fawldry,Martin,Davies G,Doick,Davies S,Hills,Reid L,Abbott,Fisher,Eaton,Barfoot,Wolstone,Peters M

Monday 31st August 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League


A bank holiday fixture and Priory missing 3 players from Saturdays game struggled to get started and with Hyde not really playing as well the game became like a damp squid and boring .It was Hyde who scored first when their player back heeled the ball into the goal form the six yard box. In the second half Hyde had 2 early chances to extend their lead but failed to score .After 15 minutes gone in the half Priory woke up and began to play really well and were rewarded with a corner which was deliverd in and with Ben Hills towering above his marker powerfully heading home to make it 1 -1 .Priory kept pressing forward and creating chances ,it was not until Dale Fisher broke away on the right hand side of Hyde`s box and smashed the ball into the top corner to make it 2 - 1 to Priory.With 20 minutes left Priory looked comfortable ,however Hyde broke through and levelled the score .Priory had more chances with Dean Abbott, Luke Reid ,Ben Hills and Dale Fisher all coming close .Hyde scored late on in the game to take all 3 points which was hard for Priory to take .    

Team: Fawldry,Barfoot,Davies G,Rudkin,Martin,Hills,,Abbott,,Reid L,Davies S,Fisher,Benson,Williams J,


Saturday 29th August 2009

Surrey Elite Intermediate League


First game of a new season and a new look Priory.   Priory settled down quickly and played good football and were the better of the 2 sides and looked good going forward .In the 30 minute Croydon broke into the box and scored against the run of play .It was not long until Priory went 2 - 0 down ,being undone by Croydon being more alert to slot the ball into Priory goal. The second half was not even a minute old when Croydon crossed the ball in for their player to score to make it 3 - 0.Priory struggled to come back from this goal and was not till Croydon scored a fourth that Priory really started to settle down and move the ball around.  

Team :Fawldry,Barfoot,Davies G,Diock,Rudkin,Martin,Hills,Paddley,Abbott,Lidbury,Reid L,Davies S,Wolstone,Fisher

Saturday 22nd August 2009 - FRIENDLY


Saturday 15th August 2009 - FRIENDLY


Saturday 8th August 2009 - FRIENDLY



Saturday 1st August 2009 - FRIENDLY


Priory`s first pre season friendly and a tough fixture away to Coulsdon who are one league above Priory in the Combined Counties league .With only 4 of last years players in the squad,it was a new look side .The remaining players from last year : Karl Paddley,Luke Reid,Tim Seldon and Michael Che helped the players settle very early into the game which showed by Priory playing some really good football and not chasing long balls .Priory had a new back four in James Barfoot.Glen Davies,Diocky and Ian Rudkin who stood strong all game and kept Coulsdon at bay. In midfield Dean Abbott was another new addition to the squad and making some great runs down the wing .The only real chance for Priory was when Ben Hills rose to a cross and just headed wide.Ben Hills and Tim Seldon up front for Priory kept the Cousldon defence on thier toes all the first half .Karl Paddley had a volley blocked on the edge of the box ,however the half finished goaless. Priory made 3 changes at half time ,bringing on Lee Wilmott,Craig Martin and Dan Benson.Like the first half Priory carried on playing some great football ,but some how just failed to score any goals.The only chance for Coulsdon in the second half came when a Coulsdon player broke into the box and struck a shot only for Ben Hayes to be equal to it and push the ball wide .With Priory making more changes during the half it allowed the squad to get more match fitness that they needed .After 30 minutes Luke Reid broke away from his defender only for the Coulsdon keeper to deny him.Priory looked a well balanced side and with all the new signings look to be a very good assets for the forthcoming season. This was a good display by Priory for the first game of the new season.

Team:  Hayes,Barfoot,Davies,Diock,Rudkin,L Reid,Che,Paddley,Abbott,Hills,Seldon,Martin,Benson,Wilmott